Life's Little Luxuries

Life's Little Luxuries
#foreveryoung

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Post-grad

So now that the last few weeks of finishing up projects, term papers, finals and family visits are over, I am not quite sure what to do with my life. Graduation was my first step into the "time-to-grow-up-and-find-a-job" stage of my life and that is exactly what I've been up to. In all honesty, it's scary. I still don't know where I'm going here. I know I'm not the only one, and I've been taking the advice I've been given along with lessons I've picked up.
After a semester of straight A's, 12 hours of an internship and another 12 at my part-time job, I felt pretty successful. I felt like I'm good, I'll be set, "this won't be too hard." Now, I laugh to myself. This is hard, and what do I do now? Hope my chances are still in my favor...just as I they were in my college career and professional experiences so far.
What I've learned? Good luck. Make your personality be the hook, line, and sinker. That resume? Try networking. Resume's are just to make it official. People make it happen. 👇YOU👇 make it happen. Not a piece of paper, even if it is a resume, cover letter, degree, certificate, or whatever.
To the 2013 graduates, you got this. Oh, and karma will treat you well if you treat your supporters well. Don't forget to say thank you to your financial backers (mom & dad!), academic supporters (advisor, mentors, professors), & to your friends who definitely kept you sane while in the process of getting that degree. (I'd like to give a mini-shout out to the alcohol that gave me a false sense of awesomeness past the wee hours where only terrible things may happen - I've got lively stories to tell for the rest of my life).

Congrats, y'all! 🎓🎒🎈




No comments:

Post a Comment