Life's Little Luxuries

Life's Little Luxuries
#foreveryoung

Monday, January 6, 2014

Resolution & Insight to Speaking

The timing of everything in my life couldn't be so off yet so on; so many not so good things happening yet so many things with common denominators. After New Years, I had only made one resolution. So I was driving in my car post-Sunday yoga and I had thought of my one important resolution... It was really the only thing that mattered to me and any other goals and lists I had made were purely for keeping me busy aiming towards something, knowing it was okay to alter them. I think it's modify my goal halfway through because I, myself, change so why can't my goals?

...then later that day, news came to me that only reinforced that this resolution must be a long-term goal to always be achieved, each and every day of my life.

My grandfather in India had passed away just days before my father was planning to visit. I have never seen my dad so upset in my entire life. And of course, I totally understand why.

Now, you are probably wondering what this resolution/goal/every day challenge is and I want you to prepare for it, and consider it, and make it your own as well....

For every time I feel love, I say I love you.
For every time I say, I love you, I mean it. I mean it with all of my emotion and feeling.
There is active energy when I say it, like I am passing a physical item to the person receiving it.

Too often do we tend to say those three little words out of habit rather than with true feeling. It's a terrible routine we get into. (It's like saying "HelloHowAreYou" as a single word, run-on sentence, truly not thinking what you just asked, to be blunt, in an insincere way.) Since I was little, I felt like I was shorting out on the meaning of I love you by cutting out the "I". It may or may not evoke the same message and emotion to you, but when I do cut out that one-letter word, you know the meaning behind it is only halfway there.

So the next time you say anything, especially a greeting or I love you, say it with sincerity. You will feel how powerful your words truly are and how good you feel after you do.


Peace, love, and happiness and a Happy New Year --

No comments:

Post a Comment