Life's Little Luxuries

Life's Little Luxuries
#foreveryoung

Friday, August 6, 2010

One more week...

And the countdown officially starts: I have got exactly one week until my family moves me into my apartment at Pitt. I don't want to pack all of my remaining clothing, but I know I must. (The remaining clothing are actually the nicer looking stuff I have).

Update on my summer course: I received a A- in the course (thanks to two tests that I received a B on). But good news: I received a 95% on my US economy research paper!

In my free time this past week I have been re-studying my spanish notes and from my old book since I didn't get the chance to continue my spanish class this past spring semester. I skipped a level going into Pitt since I do know conversational Spanish because half of my family speaks it. Grammar in writing always gets me in foreign languages. I can speak it in a conversation without thinking about conjugation and tenses and all that. I just know it. But when I write an email in Spanish, oh man, I have to actually stop and think - "where does the accent go" "is it correctly spelled" "am I using the correct tense and conjugation"??? If you've taken a language I'm sure you know exactly what I am talking about. Don't get me started about German!


Alright guys, I need your opinion! I met up with a close friend of mine from my first college and she was telling me how she was reading Eat, Pray Love. I am very excited for the movie, mostly because of Julia Roberts and James Franco, and all of the travel scenes. So she got me into wanting to get the book and reading it before I go to see the movie, well, I went online first to read reviews and there are many many bad reviews about the book! Through word-of-mouth all I've heard was positive reviews, but online reviews were mostly negative. Anyone actually read it and can tell me their opinion. And if you get the chance, read the negatives online and tell me what you think!
One thing I absolutely hate doing is wasting my time reading a book and not being able to finish it.


In the meantime, I am going out to get "The Surgeons: Life and Death in a Top Heart Center." The bad reviewers just had a conflicting interest in the medical world. I love learning about things that my boyfriend studies in school and will want to become :)

No comments:

Post a Comment