Life's Little Luxuries

Life's Little Luxuries
#foreveryoung

Monday, November 19, 2012

Guess where I ended up

It's not news that you will find me in South O's local Starbucks: laughing, crying, being studious. This place is like my second apartment on campus. After a fabulous dinner date with a good friend of mine, I find myself wandering into Starbucks for some "dessert": a skinny caramel brûlée latte. I had a phone meeting with a DSP alum which went well talking about post-grad professional life and trying to figure out what my next step will be.
Post dinner date and phone meeting, I have the realization that I'm done for the week with nothing but the drive home left to look forward to! No better feeling. I still get this pang of sadness, maybe it's loneliness, my aunt says its the blues, whatever this feeling is called, I get it everytime I find myself wandering into my favorite Starbucks. At the same time, nothing beats sitting back on the big comfy couch by the fireplace, sipping my favorite drink and blogging away. What an evil thing life does to me: my favorite place is my sad place, too.
Where do you find yourself whenever you need a pick-me-up or simply want to relax? It's always good to have a place like that.

...Just to take a moment, breathe, and be in complete relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment